You have a ring, you’ve set a date, and you are officially a bride-to-be. So what comes next? Many modern day brides are turning to the hottest social network, Pinterest, to plan the wedding of their dreams. Many can’t wait to start the process of planning their special day, and Pinterest has become one of the trendiest and most effective planning tools. For those unfamiliar with the social platform, Pinterest is an aesthetically-driven social networking site with an online bulletin board-esq interface. It acts a virtual space where users can post collections of interests, ideas, and inspirations, share with others, and discover tastemakers and trends. Pinterest is unique due to its visually-oriented nature, and has become exceedingly popular for event planning, interior decorating, crafts, art, fashion, and any other aesthetically driven entity.
Modern brides-to-be are putting down their three ring binders, and letting Pinterest take hold of planning. Below we share tips on the best ways to leverage Pinterest for wedding planning, as well as some of JKM’s top Pinterest picks:
- Create categorized boards.
Creating a separate board for each aspect of planning (Cakes, Invitations, Bridesmaid Dresses, Invitations, etc.) simplifies and organizes the planning process. It’s easier to keep track of categorized ideas, as well as makes it easier to share your pins with others.
- Follow taste makers and wedding experts. These don’t have to be professionals! Other brides-to-be can be full of unique inspiration and ideas. Some of our favorite wedding Pinterest accounts include: Style Me Pretty, Wedding Chicks, Ritzy Bee, and The Knot. You can also find a range of other wedding ideas simply by searching under the wedding and events category on Pinterest.
- Expand Categories. In addition to following wedding-themed boards, follow other categories such as art, interior design, travel and fashion. You never know what other inspiration you may find!
- Communicate. Use your Pinterest boards to communicate with your wedding planner, cake vendor, bridesmaids, or anyone else involved in the process. Pinterest has a ‘group’ board feature, which will allow other users to be involved in your board and provide feedback. Visually communicating your ideas is often one of the most effective ways to express your thoughts.
- Pin Everything. Download the ‘Pin It’ bookmark on your browser. This allows you to pin pictures from any website, with the click of a button.
- Download the Pinterest App. Pinterest takes on a mobile form in this visually captivating app, and even offers some new features as well. The Pinterest app allows you to capture and pin pictures with your smartphone, a must for brides-to-be on the go.
Here at JKM, we love browsing the creative ways in which brides-to-be have incorporated ribbon & trim into their special day. Pinterest is teeming with ribbon inspiration, from elegant wedding sashes to floral decorations, and everything in between. Below are some of our favorite finds. Make sure to stay tuned for JKM’s very own Pinterest account – coming soon!
- ‘Something Blue’: Use blue Satin Ribbon in place of a garter.
- ‘Finishing Touches’: Satin and Lace Cake Stand.
- ‘Statement Wall’: Create elegant backdrops with ribbon-lined walls.
- ‘Down to the Details’: Use thick ribbon to tie chair decorations.
- ‘Love Knots’: Tie silk-taffeta moiré ribbon into elegant stationary.
- ‘Once Wed’: Elegant wedding car ribbon as a finishing touch.